Thursday 19 May 2011

Hickory Smoked Bacon - Shooting Skeet and Smokin Meat

You HAVE to try this if you havn't already.  I started with some pork bellies from the butcher. 
 I trimmed a little of the fat off, but didn't go crazy.
 
 Next I mixed up a basic Morton's dry cure, added some random spices, and lots of cracked pepper and rubbed it into the surfaces of the meat.



I wrapped it up airtight and then the hardest part... waited for 4 days... 


...4 Days Later
I rinsed all the cure off, rubbed pure maple syrup on 3 slabs, and tossed em on the smoker at about   220 degrees with lots of Hickory smoke. 



About 2 1/2 or 3 hours later, (not too sure I was shooting skeet with my buddies) they turned out perfect. That smoker is like magic.

Oh Ya, we had ribs for dinner, done on my buddy Jarrod's Smoker... MMMMM
Talk about a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment