Saturday 7 May 2011

Fantastic Homemade Jerky Recipe.

My Buddy Blake gave me this jerky recipe and I'd have to say it is the recipe I use most. For Beef, or Deer jerky. Blake did some sweet Caribou. I'd love to try some Bison, Moose or Elk too.
1TBSP of Salt
1TBSP of Pepper
1TBSP of Garlic powder
1TBSP of Onion flakes
3 TBSP of Brown sugar
1 cup of water.
Recipe good for 2.5 pounds of Meat.
I like to add a little cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and even some hot sauce. 

Cut up a roast in thin slices about 3/16" to 1/4" thick.  Freeze it for an hour first to make it easier to slice, and put it a zip bag with the ingredients,  and mix it around a bit and let it sit overnight in the fridge.  I like to smoke it for about 4-5 hours at about 150 degrees with lots of Mesquite smoke for the first 2-3 hours.  Mesquite is the best for jerky as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any picks for some reason, but I'll post some soon. 
Enjoy.
Lemme know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment